Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Many more juncos!



I have included a photo of a junco again. Juncos were the most numerous birds visible today. I have not seen any actually land on the feeder. They feed on the ground and seem to find something even where there is no seed. They did eat some of the stale bagel crumbs but most of them were consumed by visiting crows.

At the feeder there were the usual chickadees and red polls. I also saw a downy woodpecker again but no house sparrows today.

There is a snowfall warning for tonight and tomorrow morning and it is raining now. The roads in town are already muddy. There is quite a bit of water running the ditches by the highway. My small house on the highway has a leak in the porch and the house I sold has water oozing into the basement but not too much. The melted snow and now rain will cause a lot of water in basements in town but once things dry up a bit they will dry up well enough. Quite a few people have sump pumps.

No comments: