Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Crows are back!



Not only did I see almost half a dozen crows when I went for a walk but there were several prancing around in the yard for a while. Whenever I go outside I hear their sqawks. Many people dislike the crow but I enjoy them in spite of their noisiness. They are an intelligent bird. I like to feed them leftovers. They usually clean them up before any stray cats or dogs find them. If leftovers are left overnight skunks sometimes claim them!

The downy woodpecker was active this morning so I have a photo of one for today. I must look up a photo of the crow. There were the usual red polls and chickadees but no house sparrows. There is one poor redpoll who seemed very bloated. I wonder if it is a common problem of red polls to do this.

No comments: