Friday, February 2, 2007

Minus forty and holding with wind chills.



The weather is actually getting even colder today. I keep hearing news reports about Global Warming. Tonight it is minus 27 C and with windchill it is minus 40. That is the same in F minus 40.

In spite of the cold there is more activity at the feeder. More sparrows have appeared and they knocked some sunflower seeds on the ground as they love to do. There are also quite a few red polls but no large flocks. Finally a few chickadees appear from time to time. All the regulars except for grosbeaks were active today. I have not seen a woodpecker or nuthatch for some time now.
On a trip out of town we saw a few ravens but nothing else. Tomorrow we will be going to Brandon a little over an hour's drive so I will keep my eyes open for birds.
There are rabbit tracks by the spruce trees. I should get some oats to feed them.

No comments: