Monday, June 18, 2007

Immature goldfinches



There are abou half a dozen immature goldfinches that seem to all visit the feeder at the same time. They are just beginning to get yellow colouring but they are almost the same size as the adults. We still have chipping sparrows every day and lately there are a couple of house sparrows as well. A male pine grosbeak has been visiting most days.

I fed the crows an old ham that was still in the fridge at my other place when my son moved out. At first they had a bit of trouble with it but then I split it in pieces with a bolo knife. It then disappeared like magic as they had pieces they could carry off.

There were a couple of robins in the yard today. The hummingbird feeder is still going strong. It seems busiest just before dark. I will have to replace the liquid wtihin another day or so.

No comments: