Monday, May 7, 2007

Trip to Toronto

We went from Shoal Lake to Toronto by bus on Friday and Saturday May 4th and 5th. It was not light until we reached Brandon. I saw crows much of the way but not in large numbers. There are quite a few ducks in ponds and lakes. Several places I saw Canada Geese by the side of the road seemingly oblivious to the traffic.
I did not see any interesting birds at the rest stops but there are often a few Herring gulls that frequent areas where people leave scraps of food. If I see any interesting birds while here in Toronto (Woodbridge) I will note them but I will not be posting much this week. We are going back to the feeder next Sunday. I think next time we will fly above the birds! If God had meant us to travel long distances by bus he would have given us sturdier constitutions! Actually for one person it is often cheaper to fly but we are using the companion fare to get a second bus far to 25 per cent of the regular fare.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Do you ever go on field trips with birding groups?