Tuesday, May 15, 2007

End of Trip and Journey Home

We stayed in Woodbridge until Sunday the 13th. As well as the fancy pigeons I managed to see a goldfinch while walking to a local mall. I have not seen any so far back home. There are quite a few house sparrows here. I guess the house sparrow does not mind concentrations of people and new construction. There were a few starlings around as well. Several times I saw gulls circling. In downtown Toronto I noticed that there are plenty of pigeons for people to feed!

On the way home we were bombarded by gulls as we stopped in Parry Sound. I think they were herring gulls. I observed several large hawks in the Parry Sound area. However looking out a bus window is not a good way to bird watch. There were crows all throughout northern Ontario and of course back here in Manitoba

No comments: