Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another pine grosbeak



There are the usual American goldfinches, chipping sparrows, and a few white crowned sparrows at the feeder as well as the usual odd chickadee. However today there was a lovely male pine grosbeak with lots of red colour.

Neighbours tell me that the hummingbirds are already here. I tried to put out my feeder today but unfortunately the reservoir must have cracked during the winter. I tried to put it up twice but I finally figured out that due to the crack air was entering the reservoir and hence the fluid was continually leaking through the petal outlets! I will buy a new feeder tomorrow. I have sweet carpets since I leaked out sugared water onto them.

1 comment:

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet, very interesting website.