Saturday, May 19, 2007

A few flurries!



I hope no humming birds are back. I guess I should put up my feeder soon. I see a neighbour has one up already. This morning there were a few flurries and it must have dipped to around zero last night.

I finally actually saw a robin on my property today. I have heard them and seen them on my walks but not on my property. They seem interested only in insects and worms so they never visit the feeder of course.

There are still many goldfinches about and today I saw the first house sparrow I have seen in some time. It was a male and looked quite large compared to the red polls that are still here. A few starlings are still landing awkwardly on the feeder. I put out some chicken bones and the crows cleaned them up in no time. There is nothing left for stray cats. I saw several more Harris sparrows and also a chickadee or two.

No comments: