Sunday, April 8, 2007

Slowly warming up!



I had to fill the feeder again yesterday and today it is already one third gone. The weather is a bit nicer. I sat in the sun at a neighbour's and it was reasonably warm. Of course I had a parka on!

The usual birds are at the feeder. The juncos are still here. They probably will not stay too much longer. As soon as the snow disappears they drift further northward. There are still plenty of red polls. I have never seen red polls in the numbers that are around this year. In fact some years I haven't seen any at the feeder.

The downy woodpecker is still around the yard in the spruce trees and there are a few chickdees as well. There are plenty of crows around town. I walked over to the lagoons but there were no birds in the small patch of open water.

No comments: